Local businesses accused of selling alcohol to a minors | Business
MERCER COUNTY, Ill.--Employees at two area businesses are accused of selling alcoholic beverages to a minor.
The charges came as a result of Alcohol Countermeasure Enforcement observers visited nine businesses in Mercer County, Illinois the evening of Monday, November 19, 2012.
Of those businesses surveyed,
- New Windsor General Store, 514 E. Main Street, New Windsor, IL 61465
- 7-Eleven, 3105 175th Avenue, Sherrard, IL 61281
were involved in the sale of alcoholic beverages to a minor. Store employees,
- Jamie E. Williamson, age 31, New Windsor, IL 61465
- Tawny M. Krahl, age 21, Sherrard, IL 61281
were charged with Unlawful Delivery of Alcoholic Liquor to a Minor, a Class A Misdemeanor, and released
with a court appearance pending.
Employees at the following establishments are to be commended for not selling alcohol to a minor after asking for identification:
- Mobil 1306 SE 3rd Street, Aledo, IL 61231
- Mercer Market, 1600 SE 5th Street, Aledo, IL 61231
- Casey’s General Stores, 6th & Main St., POB 527, Keithsburg, IL 61442
- Sinclair, 409 W. Center Street, Joy, IL 61260
- Circle K, 603 SE 3rd Street, Aledo, IL 61231
- Little Store of Matherville, 510 2nd St., Matherville, IL 61263
- Casey’s General Stores, 912 13th Street, Viola, IL 61486
Submitted Press Release